Friday, April 15, 2011

WELL, fine then. (Cake's first night in DC @ 9:30 Club)

 ISN'T THAT A FANTASTIC PICTURE?! I MEAN, YOU CAN SEE JOHN McCREA THERE RIGHT?! WOAH! I WAS SO LUCKY.….Not.
(McCrea's Parlor Guitar above…WANT. And the Vibraslap. Damn, does he 'judiciously' play that Vibraslap) 
But I can't complain. I am so glad I spent fifty something bucks on them. It was well worth it. The show was really great. Cake was really on it. People were just way too fucking tall. Blegh. Maybe I should start to wear heels to these things. ….Not. (John McCrea's Parlor Guitar above…WANT. And the Vibraslap. Damn, does he 'judiciously' play that Vibraslap)
I wish I had more pictures, and more to say. But if you are familiar with Cake, their music, and their live shows, there isn't much new, except for the awesomeness that is always building. They played mostly older albums (which I was QUITE happy about, to say the least), with new song from Showroom of Compassion interspersed. I loved it. It was a really good 1st Cake show. I just wish that #1 they let me take pictures with an ACTUAL CAMERA and 2# had organization of audience by height. Argh. Oh well.

I think that Sharon Van Etten will be better for pictures, so stay tuned. Now, let me go nurse my intense hangover. Ta ta, loves.

No comments:

Post a Comment